What you need to know about forms in React
Dealing with forms in React can seem intimidating. Luckily, I have written about a lot of aspects and tricks of doing just that. This page is a meaningfully ordered index of my articles about React forms, meant to act as The Forms Guide of React™ Get started with...
Just enough to understand the mechanics of working with forms in React.
- Controlled and uncontrolled form inputs in React don't have to be complicated
- Transitioning from uncontrolled inputs to controlled
Helping the user input correct data and providing instant feedback is important when building a form. Here's how React can help:
- Why not field-level validations?
- Form recipe: Conditionally disabling the Submit button
- Instant form field validation with React's controlled inputs
- Validating a React form upon submit
- How to handle validations involving several fields?
Forms & state
Questions related to modeling, storing, or accessing form state.
- How do you make a React form start out with some values prefilled when editing?
- Collecting data from a wizard form
- Here's what you can do to make migrating your forms to Redux easier in the future
- Should you store your form state in Redux?
Get a free sample of The Missing Forms Handbook of React
You know how you tear your hair out when your designer asks to make a nice form?
But what if you could implement the form experience your users deserve?
I'm also experimenting with recording some of my takes on forms in React in the format of short and to-the-point screencasts on Egghead.